4.00: EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT
- LASWA – Calendar starts from 1st January to 31st December every year. The LASWA Contract shall be for one year and shall be valid from the date of signing the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) provided that the service shall begin on 1st January to 31st December.
- The contract shall be well written to indicate the Post and term or period to be covered by an employee.
- The employee shall not take up duties until all necessary pre-entry checks have been satisfactorily completed. These shall include documentary evidence of formal qualifications, past employment character references, necessary security requirements and other requirement as determined by LASWA.
- LASWA contract shall show the scope of work, Contract price and mode of payment.
- LASWA shall also determine the standard of the employment in relation to the terms of contracts whether permanent fixed or any other term which shall be fully explained.
- The probation period shall vary depending on the level and complicity of the job but shall not be less than one moth and not exceeding three months.
- The appointment letter shall outline the responsibilities, accountability and performance criteria of the employee.
- The LASWA employee records shall maximum be kept for five (5) years.